Software Engineer C++ (ext)
Coriant develops innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-enabled business world
The Coriant portfolio of edge-to-core transport solutions enables network operators to reduce operational complexity, improve utilization of multi-layer network resources, and create new revenue-generating services optimized for the evolving demands of business and consumer applications, including video, mobile, and cloud.
The Optical Planning Tool (OPT), part of Coriant’s Integrated Optical Planning Solution, conforms to this vision and enables network planners to take new service requests and plan routes between the source and destination sites for the bandwidth required. The OPT simplifies the design of a Metro Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (Metro DWDM) networks using Coriant 7100 Packet Optical Transport Solution, the mTera® Universal Transport Platform and Coriant 7090 Packet Transport Solution equipment.
For the purpose of further developing the OPT we are looking for talented Software Engineers to work in direct cooperation with our Lisbon based R&D department. Preferably the candidates should hold BS or MS degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Electronics.
As part of a small team you will be will be responsible for:
- Implementation of new business logic and maintenance of existing code base in MS Visual C++.
- Participate in team meetings, actively contributing to product specification and software design
- Improve and maintain User Interface of Windows C++/MFC application
- Produce and maintain all required documentation
- Experience in “Microsoft Visual C++” or “C/C++”
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience with version control system – Git or SVN
- Experience with MFC is considered as advantage.
- Desire to learn new technologies in the domain of optical networks
- Fluent in English written and spoken.