Lead Engineer - Technical Assistance Center
Main responsibility is Tier2/3 Level support, incident management and resolution by direct troubleshooting work or knowledge re-use, working in direct interface with customer, R&D, Care and organization.
Provide accurate solutions/workarounds for cases, based on in depth analysis, in the agreed time frame with high quality to ensure 'first time' right.
Participates in emergency 24/7 duty, ensures proper EME case information and reporting.
On request, participates in field activities, i.e installation and/or commissioning and/or integration, network expansion, SW maintenance activities such as SW change planning, launch, trials and pilot projects support.
- Between 4-6 years Telecommunications industry experience;
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- English spoken/ written is mandatory;- Available to support emergency call-up rotas on a 24/7 basis; proven track record on a position involved with the 24x7 technical support of telecommunications networks is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge on optical transport and ROADM/DWDM technologies/products.
- Strong understanding of Transmission Technologies (Ethernet L2/L3, IP, Carrier Ethernet, PTN/MPLS, GMPLS);
- Experience with optical test equipment, i.e Traffic generator, Power Meter, OTDR, Optical attenuators, OSA;
- Experience in technical support for DWDM products or similar activities, i.e commissioning and integration, optical networks planning and optimization, system verification will be a strong plus;
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly articulate solutions to the customer;
- Team player and able of self-enabling on new technologies and new products;
- Knowledge sharing mindset, actively developing and sharing knowledge via discussion forums and expert communities;
- Strong customer focus;
- Proactive, autonomous and able to build and maintain good relationship with customer;
- Self-motivated and well-organized individual who can prioritize work and handle multiple tasks under pressure;